If you are in the market for heaters, it would be a good idea for you to check out electric baseboard heaters. They are an excellent choice because they take up very little room and the can be used to either supplement or replace other kinds of heating systems. Electric baseboard heaters can be installed in all the rooms in the home; if that isn’t an affordable option for you, you can install an electric baseboard heater where your family spend most of their time, such as in the living room and the bedrooms.
How do they work?
They are considered zone heaters – they are used to heat around the area where they are mounted; they then spread the heat into the rest of the room. They are usually mounted underneath windows and just off the floor. The heating element is sheathed in a metal casing. The area around the sheath is mounted with aluminum fins which transfer heat into the surrounding air. When cold air comes through the window, it is immediately heated and because hot air rises it is then spread upwards into the room making it warm. The hot rising air is replaced by more cold air which is also heated and spread; the cycle repeats itself over and over again. This process of heating is called convection.
What are the benefits of using electric board heaters?
These kinds of home heating system s popular because it comes with several advantages:
• They use up very little space and tend to remain inconspicuous. This is because they do not involve any duct work which tends to be both expensive and messy. Many brands are created to blend into the overall finish of homes so you will not have a heater sticking out and contrasting with the rest of your décor.
• They are a cheap heating alternative if you compare them to other home heating system such a central heating; this is because they heat one room at a time instead of draining electricity trying to heat the entire home.
• Because they don’t require any duct work they are easy to install. As a matter of fact there are many brands that don’t require any mounting to be done; for those who are not DIY savvy they are a perfect solution.
• These water heater 12v units come with very few moving parts which gives them a long life. Once you install you baseboard heater all you have to do is make sure to clean it out in the fall to remove and dust or debris that may have accumulated. If you do this every year you can be sure that your electric baseboard heater will last you for years. Make sure that you remove any lint that may have been caught in the grill as this can affect the movement of the fans.
• They have thermostats; a thermostat is an indispensable part of any heater. It controls how hot the heater can get and if the set temperature is reached the heater automatically turns itself off. You can also set the thermostat to go off at a particular time so that you can save of electricity costs. The thermostat makes them a very safe option compared to other heating systems.
• They are an affordable option. You can get an electric baseboard heater for as little as $20 and as high as $200 or $300. This, added to the fact that they are quite economical in terms of electricity costs makes them one the best ways to heat a home.
• They are quiet heaters which makes them perfect for heating bedrooms and other rooms in the house where quiet is required.
Now you know why electric baseboard heaters are so popular; get one today.